XPO provides cutting-edge supply chain solutions to the world’s most successful companies, including Disney,
L’Oréal, Toyota and many others. We’re growing worldwide. And we’re constantly looking for talented individuals at all levels who can deliver the caliber of service our customers require. If you’re ready to give us your best, let’s talk. We’d like to invest in you. (NYSE: XPO)
Warehouse Associates at XPO Logistics perform all tactical functions in the facility as assigned; including, receiving, staging, scanning, put-away, picking, returns preparation, trash removal, and facility clean up.
* Assist with shipping and receiving, unload trucks, check in merchandise, match purchase orders to sales orders, and distribute sales orders to sales associates for processing.
* Fill requisitions, work orders, shipping orders or requisitions to determine items to be moved, gathered, distributed or shipped.
* Read customer orders, work orders, shipping orders, or requisitions to determine items to be moved, gathered, distributed or shipped.
* Prepare items for shipment by identifying and comparing necessary manifests, invoices, or other records.
* Ensure warehouse is accessible and safe for employee and customer traffic.
* Label all materials clearly and correctly.
* Assist with physical inventory count when requested.
* Perform basic facility maintenance duties including sweeping, dusting and mopping, as needed.
* Wear proper safety equipment, adhering to all safety procedures and programs.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
* High School diploma or GED.
* A minimum of three months related experience or training.
* One year of logistics or transportation experience preferred.
* Able to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions and procedure manuals.
* Able to write routine reports and correspondence.
* Able to add, subtract, multiply and divide into all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
Work Environment and Physical Demands
The Work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
* Warehouse environment with exposure to temperature changes
* Hours cover early mornings, evenings and weekends
* Ability to lift up to 50 pounds
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. All employees may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities, as needed.
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, disability, veteran, or other protected status.