Assistant Restaurant Manager (Hourly)
DEPARTMENT Miller Time Pub
SUPERVISOR Miller Time Pub General Manager
POSITION PURPOSE To greet and escort guests to tables in the restaurant while maintaining a courteous and efficient operation of the dining room.
1. Ability to perform all dining room positions including server, server assistant/busser, and host.
2. Supervise staff and dining room in managers absence.
3. Assist with on-going training to ensure standards are being met.
4. Interact positively with customers and promote hotel facilities and services.
5. Resolve problems to the satisfaction of involved parties.
6. Organize special events in the restaurant such as receptions.
7. Move throughout facility and kitchen areas to visually monitor and take action to ensure food quality and service standards are met.
Verify temperature, judge appearance and taste of products and check preparation methods to determine quality.
Give guidance toward improvement and make necessary adjustments for consistency.
8. Maintain profitability of outlet to support hotel operations.
Control payroll and equipment costs.
Ensure par stock levels are maintained by calculating inventory, ordering, and retrieving supplies.
9. Utilize POS system to accurately charge customers, track revenue reports and ensure timeliness of food and beverage service.
Input and retrieve data and change computer procedures using complex series of keypunches to program system.
10. Implement and maintain housekeeping, sanitation and cleanliness standards in all areas of the hotel.
11. Maintain a high level of professional appearance, demeanor, ethics and self-image with yourself as well as subordinates.
12. Administer sales promotion programs and employee sales incentive programs.
13. Be knowledgeable about competition and keep current with industry trends.
14. Direct and coordinate the activities of all assigned associates and departmental responsibilities in the restaurant.
15. Support hotel policies and procedures.
16. Maintain house bank.
17. Perform other duties as assigned.
1. Ability to read the English language, to fully comprehend guest requests, memos, and reservations.
2. To supervise staff in a professional manner to ensure guest satisfaction using Marcus
3. Ability to effectively deal with customer complaints in a friendly and positive manner.
This involves listening to the nature of the concern, demonstrating empathy with the customer and providing proactive solutions.
4. High school diploma preferred.
5. Previous restaurant and hospitality knowledge, skills, and abilities preferred.