Who is Georgia-Pacific? Watch to find out!
HOURLY PRODUCTION WORKERS – MONTICELLO, MS
Are you a safety-minded, motivated individual with a strong sense of urgency?
Do you have a desire to join a company that offers tremendous career development opportunities?
If so, then the Production Worker position at our Georgia-Pacific facility in Monticello, MS may be the right job for you!
Our Production Workers create value by working as a team as well as independently to produce a quality product in a timely manner for our customers.
Georgia Pacifics paper mill in Monticello, MS has been in operation since 1968, and employs 450 employees. The Monticello mill has the capability to produce over 1,000,000 tons of containerboard each year.
To learn more about Georgia-Pacifics packaging business please visit: gppackaging.com and view How Paper Is Made!
These positions work 12 hour rotating days to nights (7am 7pm, 7pm 7am), including weekends, overtime, and holidays as required.
A Day In The Life Typically Includes:
* Housekeeping throughout shift to maintain a safe working environment
* Troubleshooting and performing minor machine adjustments
* Operating Forklifts, Bobcats, Cranes, and Scissor-lifts to move paper rolls and replenish supplies
* Utilizing the computer to complete Computer Based Training (CBTs), Performance Tracking Manager (PTM)/Work Requests, etc.
What Will You Need?
* High School diploma or GED
* Willing and able to work around dust, oil, grease, chemicals, and other substances
* Willing and able to work a weekly twelve (12) hour rotating (day-night) shift, including overtime, weekends, and holidays
* Willing and able to perform repetitive tasks for an extended period of time (i.e., lifting, walking, climbing, stooping, standing, pushing and/or pulling)
* Willing and able to work in a hot, cold, dusty, and noisy industrial environment
* Experience reading a tape measure
* Experience performing mathematical calculations
What Will Put You Ahead?
* Two (2) or more years manufacturing or industrial experience
* Two (2) or more years of experience in one or more of the following environments: manufacturing, industrial, farming, agriculture, landscaping, carpentry, mechanical, and/or construction
* Experience operating a forklift or mobile industrial equipment
* Associates degree or higher in a technical or mechanical field
Salary and benefits commensurate with experience.
We are an equal opportunity employer. Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information: http://www.kochcareers.com/doc/Everify.pdf
Follow us GP-LinkedIn GP-Twitter GP-Facebook GP-YouTube