As one of the nations leading pediatric health care systems, Nemours is committed to providing all children with their best chance to grow up healthy. We offer integrated, family-centered care to more than 300,000 children each year in our pediatric hospitals, specialty clinics and primary care practices in Delaware, Florida, Maryland, New Jersey and Pennsylvania. Nemours strives to ensure a healthier tomorrow for all children even those who may never enter our doors through our world-changing research, education and advocacy efforts. At Nemours, our Associates help us deliver on the promise we make to every family we have the privilege of serving: to treat their child as if they were our own.
Nemours is seeking a Medical Assistant (Hem/Onc), FULL-TIME to join our Nemours Children’s Specialty Care team in Jacksonville, Florida.
At our three clinic locations in the Jacksonville area, Nemours is a leading provider of pediatric specialty care in north Florida with many of our pediatric specialists regularly recognized as the Best Doctors in America®. We offer comprehensive, family-centered care in more than 30 pediatric specialties. Several of those specialties, offered in collaboration with Wolfson Childrens Hospital, have been named among the best in the country by U.S. News & World Report
The Medical Assistant is an important liaison between the patient/family, provider, and other care team members. The Medical Assistant will coordinate patient flow, review charts for current information, and ensure the appropriate paperwork accompanies the patient to the room. Enter pertinent history. Act as a resource and cross cover as needed. Serve as a trainer and mentor to new associates.
* Deliver excellent customer service to the patients/families and other care providers. Focusing on family-centered care.
* Room patients ensuring appropriate documents are with the patient, up to and including required diagnostic reports.
* Performing clinical procedures, to include but not limited to the following:
a. performing aseptic procedures
b. taking vital signs
c. preparing patients for the providers care
d. observing and reporting patients signs and symptoms
* Administering basic first aid.
* Assisting with patient examination/treatment.
* Operate any required medical equipment.
* Perform and collect routine laboratory specimens as directed by provider.
* Administering medication as directed by the provider.
* Perform office procedures including all general administrative duties as required.
* Act as a liaison between support services and other clinical divisions.
* Obtain authorizations according to the patients insurance policy for any tests, therapies, DME, etc. ordered by the provider.
* Additional miscellaneous duties and responsibilities, as may be assigned from time to time by employees Nurse Manager.
* High School Diploma required.
* Healthcare and Customer Service experience.
Educational experience can be counted for years of experience.
* Medical Assistant Certification preferred.
* BLS Certification within three months of employment and continue to maintain as required.
* Strong customer service skills and willingness to adapt to change.
* Communicates effectively with patient/families as well as all members of the care team.
* Proficient in Medical Terminology.
* Attend in-service classes as appropriate and assigned by manager.
* Maintain confidentiality.
* Works with minimal supervision.
Our dedication to professionals who are dedicated to children frequently earns Nemours a spot on the list of top workplaces in the communities we serve. Our Associates enjoy comprehensive benefits, including our unique Bridge to a Healthy Future pediatric health plan, an integrated wellness program, opportunities for professional growth, and much more. As an equal opportunity employer, Nemours focuses on the best-qualified applicants for our openings.