What does a Best Buy General Warehouse Worker do?
As a General Warehouse Worker, you will facilitate moving product throughout the distribution center through use of equipment in areas such as Receiving, Stocking, Shipping, Non-Con, Order Processing and Replenishment. Your responsibilities will include operating equipment in a safe manner, while making sure that you are maintaining a safe and clean working area and ensuring that our product is in perfect condition to sell to our customers. The responsibilities listed below are encompassing of a General Warehouse Worker but may vary by departmental assignment
* Unload and process receipt of merchandise from inbound trucks
* Stocks merchandise that has been received into specific designated locations
* Process all orders by locating specified product and moving product to the loading dock
* Packs smaller products into larger containers for shipment to stores
* Loads merchandise onto trucks for shipment to company locations
* Maintains a clean work area by removing empty pallets, sweeping and cleaning up boxes and other debris.
* Must be able to pass all applicable certification and driving requirements to become licensed for operating equipment in the RDC
* Perform other duties as apparent or assigned
What are the professional requirements of a General Warehouse Worker?
* Able to individually lift and maneuver 40 lbs frequently and repetitively (up to a maximum of 75 lbs; with or without reasonable accommodation)
* High School Diploma or Equivalent