Who is Georgia-Pacific? Watch to find out!
Georgia-Pacific has an immediate need for a Mobile Equipment Mechanic at our
Plywood facility. This position creates value for the facility by performing preventative and corrective maintenance on mobile equipment leading to increased uptime and reliability, thus helping the facility to meet their production and quality goals. If you are interested in an opportunity where you have the ability to advance your mechanical skills while working in a team environment, then this may be the role for you!
Overtime is a normal requirement.
Weekend work is required routinely.
Work area is subject to seasonal temperatures and outside weather conditions.
Subject to noise levels requiring constant hearing protection. Exposure to caustics, chemicals, lubricants and hydraulic fluids are common to this type work.
A Day In The Life Typically Includes:
* Maintenance and repair of a diverse fleet of Mobile Equipment to include but not limited to the inspection, diagnoses and repair of Mobile Equipment.
* Operate equipment for maintenance purposes.
* Perform PMs, routine repairs and maintenance involving disassembly, assembly and adjustments of equipment components.
* Work with vendors to get parts pricing and repair quotes and placing orders for parts.
* Responsible for keeping Mobile Equipment shop clean and organized and monitoring oil inventories.
* Perform simple cutting, fitting and welding tasks as directed
* Must provide own hand tools.
What You Will Need:
* Knowledge of mobile equipment vehicles to include industrial forklifts, man lifts, sweepers, wheel loaders, etc.
* Must be capable of troubleshooting electrical and hydraulic systems using electrical and hydraulic schematics.
* Overhauling or rebuilding one or more systems on a wide range of vehicles or equipment, such as diesel, gasoline, and other types of internal combustion engines; automatic and non-automated transmissions; heavy duty drive line systems; and/or hydraulic utility systems and controls.
* Must have ability to work independently and problem-solve while working alone or as part of a team.
* Must be proficient in the use of a
computer and software (word, excel)
* Initiates and takes action before being asked to do so; demonstrates ability to work under minimum supervision.
* Communicate clearly verbally and in writing; listens carefully in an open, candid and consistent manner.
* Adheres to company policies in regards to attendance, Safety and Environmental compliance.
* Knowledge and awareness of industrial sites and ability to work varying start times dependent on business needs.
At least 2 years of experience in general maintenance of mobile equipment
High School Diploma or GED
What Will Put You Ahead?
* 5+ years experience in maintenance of large mobile equipment to include front end leaders, man lifts, skid steers, extended boom lifts, forklifts, cranes and small engines.
* Minimum 1 year experience troubleshooting and repairing diesel, gasoline, and propane engines, including fuel injection systems, turbos, etc.
* Minimum 1 year experience troubleshooting and repairing transmissions and drive trains.
* Minimum 1 year experience in troubleshooting and repairing hydraulic systems.
* Minimum 1 year experience performing basic diagnostics and repairs to electrical systems.
* Minimum 1 year experience performing minor welding repairs.
Why Work For GP?
* A culture that places top priority on integrity and compliance
* Opportunity for career growth at one of the largest, financially stable companies in the world
* Encouragement to challenge the status quo and share knowledge
* Responsibilities and rewards based on contributions
* Continued company growth due to reinvesting 90% of our earnings
* Competitive pay and benefits that help you manage your personal and financial wellness
Rate of pay is $21.85 or $24.45 depending upon experience. Excellent benefits package that includes medical, dental, 401k and pension.
We are an equal opportunity employer. Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information: http://www.kochcareers.com/doc/Everify.pdf