Oldcastle Precast is the leading manufacturer of precast concrete, polymer concrete, and plastic products in the United States. Our products range from utility vaults, reinforced concrete pipe, catch basins, drainage and septic tanks, to retaining walls, storm shelters, wall panels, concrete barriers, a variety of prestressed concrete products and more.
With more than 80 locations nationwide and 3,000 plus employees, Oldcastle Precast is committed to upholding core values of reliability, quality, and service in cutting edge ways.
Job Description Summary
The role will be responsible for performing routine tests as required on raw materials, in process components and final product. The candidate will participate in the validation of tests, inspections, processing methods and materials qualifications. Position requires the employee to perform a wide variety of Quality Control functions including, but not limited to, the following:
* Perform daily compressive strength testing of hardened concrete specimens
* Assist when necessary with strip, setup, and pouring of products
* Perform daily pre/post pour inspections on products
* Inspect in-process and finished goods against quality standards
* Inspect loaded trailers for final inspection and complete load certifications as needed
* Record keeping of inspection and testing results
* Work with appropriate Manufacturing, Engineering and Project Management Personnel to develop root cause and implement corrective action
* Participate in development and implantation of Quality Manual to meet regulatory agency requirements
* Ensure entire facility meets specifications set forth by area Departments of Transportation
* Collect, analyze, develop and present appropriate quality data, statistics, information and action plans
* Complies with all health and safety guidelines
* Communicate and interact with customers, suppliers as appropriate
* Other duties may be assigned as needed
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills and/or abilities required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential duties of the job.
* High school diploma or equivalent
* Associates degree or equivalent form of a two-year college; or equivalent in years of related experience or training preferred
* Experience in quality assurance is preferred
* ACI / PCI Certification preferred
(Highly desire a candidate who has attained the ACI Field Technician Grade I or PCI Level I/II Certification)
* Experience with construction materials
* Basic computer skills
* Strong problem solving and communication skills
* Required to pass ACI Concrete Field Testing Methods/maintain certification
* Lifting may be required with assistance provided if needed
What Oldcastle Offers You
* A culture that values opportunity for growth, development, and internal promotion
* Highly competitive base pay
* Comprehensive medical, dental and disability benefits programs
* Group retirement savings program
* Health and wellness programs
Oldcastle has a long and proud heritage as one of North America’s largest corporations.
We are a proud reflection of the hundreds of family businesses, local and regional companies and mid to large sized enterprises that together form the Oldcastle family.
Oldcastle operates with a decentralized, diversified structure, letting you work in a small company environment while having the career opportunities of a large enterprise.
Oldcastle is a great place to grow! If youre up for a rewarding challenge, we invite you to take the first step and apply today! Please complete your online application and profile which will be sent directly to the appropriate Hiring Manager. Thank you for your interest in the Oldcastle family!
Follow Oldcastle Careers on
WordPress (Career Blog) and
Oldcastle Precast is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer.
EOE/Vet/Disability–If you want to know more, please click on this link.
Oldcastle Precast is part of the