Currently certified as a
NACE Level I, II, or IIII.
Must be able to operate inspection testing apparatuses specific to the inspection and testing of refractory linings.
* Must demonstrate the ability to read the equivalent of the size and letters of the Jaeger II chart at a minimum distance of 12 inches and distinguish and differentiate the contrasts between colors illustrated on an Ishihara Test Chart.
* Shall be able to climb ladders/platforms to heights of 100 feet, in increments of up to 40 feet at one time.
Any fear of heights (acrophobia) should be identified.
* Inspection personnel performing elevated work in refractory lined equipment shall be capable of wearing the required fall protection equipment.
* Inspection personnel shall be physically capable of crawling in and out of small man ways, climb inside vessels, boilers, process heaters or other confined spaces for inspection activities, often wearing Self Contained Breathing Apparatus (SCBA) as required to comply with safety regulations.
Any fear of closeness (claustrophobia) should be identified.
* Inspection personnel shall be able to lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects weighing up to 40 pounds.
* Inspection personnel are required to work in both environmental conditions, inside and outside.
Inspection personnel may be subject to extreme cold (temperatures below 32 degrees F for periods of more than one (1) hour) or to extreme heat (temperatures above 100 degrees F for periods of more than one (1) hour).
Inspection personnel shall possess fundamental written and verbal communication skills.
Inspection personnel shall be fluent (written and verbal) in the English language.
Computer skills, especially familiarity with MS Office applications, are necessary.
Intertek offers a salary and benefit package competitively placed within the local market.
We promote a culture where motivated, customer-oriented employees can flourish, experience professional fulfillment, and reach their highest potential.
We offer medical, prescription, dental, vision, life and disability insurance plans, 401(k) with company match, paid time off (vacation, sick, holiday), Flexible Spending Account (FSA), Employee Assistance Program (EAP), tuition reimbursement, and more.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against applicants due to veterans status or on the basis of disability.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, or national origin