Want to work with the best and brightest in a company thattakes on challenges Never Been Done Before? Emerson Process Systems andSolutions business develops automation hardware and software product solutions tostreamline manufacturing processes. We are looking for students who areinterested in gaining real-world experience in this dynamic environment.
As a team member, youll share in the satisfaction ofdelivering industry-leading products and solutions that help provide ourcustomers with safer, more environmentally efficient manufacturing processes.Weve revolutionized the control industry by extending digital informationtechnologies to the plant floor of process manufacturers, including oil andgas, refining, chemical, life sciences, and alternative energy companies.
The HARDWARE DESIGN ENGINEER SUMMER INTERN will work withsenior Emerson Technology team mentors and industry experts to:
* Provide design support for distributed processcontrol system electronics
* Interface with design and manufacturing groupsaround the world
* Currently enrolled in anaccredited college/university entering either the junior, senior, or graduateyear.
* Pursuing a Bachelor ofScience degree in Electrical and/or Computer Engineering.
* Minimum 3.2 GPA.
* Completion of CircuitTheory and at least one lab course.
* Experience and interestin programming, including C, LabView, VHDL code.
* Previous internship experience is a plus.
* Course experience in hardware architecture,digital logic, analog circuits, electrical testing, hardware verification.
* Experience with board level soldering and use oflab equipment (digital multimeters, oscilloscopes, function generators, etc.)is preferred.
* Board level troubleshooting experience is a plus.
* Demonstrated leadership skills (served inleadership role in student organization).
Additional skills proven to besuccessful in this position
* Innovative approach to problem solving
* Strong analytical and troubleshooting skills
* Keen attention to detail
* Housing Stipend
* Flexible Work Schedule
* Paid Holidays
* On-site Gym and Basketball Court
* Immediate Eligibility for 401(k)
* Relocation benefits are notavailable with this position.
No calls or agencies please. Emerson will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States. This is not a position for which sponsorship will be provided. Individuals with temporary visas such as E, F-1, H-1, H-2, L, B, J, or TN or who need sponsorship for work authorization now or in the future, are not eligible for hire.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Emerson is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, color, religion, national origin, age, marital status, political affiliation, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, disability or protected veteran status. We are committed to providing a workplace free of any discrimination or harassment.
If you have a disability and are having difficulty accessing or using this website to apply for a position, you can request help by calling 1- …… (V/TTY/TDD) or by sending an email to [Apply online].