ERM is hiring for
Field Lead to conduct transplanting of red spruce (Picea rubens) saplings, approximately 1 to 5 feet tall, from the proposed construction workspace to the adjacent, undisturbed land.
The Field Lead will interact with other team members and office-based staff.
In some instances, the Field Lead may have to interact with members of the public or National Forest Service representatives if encountered at the field site.
* Identify target tree species (identification training provided) and physically relocate the sapling using hand tools.
* Coordinate with office-based staff and lead field crew on-site.
* Responsible for collection GPS data for each relocated sapling and providing data to office staff on a timely basis.
* Focus on team project delivery, taking direction primarily from Field Leads and Project Managers
* Work within schedule expectations and scope-specific assignments.
* Communicate with ERM Project Manager and client staff during field activities.
* Estimated 2 weeks of field work to complete tasks.
* 10 hours per day, 6 days per week until task completion.
* Project start date is the last week in October.
* High School Diploma required; college degree in Botany preferred.
* 1 to 3 years of experience performing related activities.
* Must be able to identify target tree species (identification training provided) and physically relocate the sapling using hand tools.
* Must have working knowledge of sub-meter GPS data collection and processing (i.e. Trimble, Pathfinder).
* Must be able to conduct long hours of physical labor in difficult terrain and/or adverse weather conditions.
* Must be able to demonstrate professionalism when interacting with the public and local community.
* Must possess a strong commitment to safety, including following established Health and Safety protocols.
* A working vehicle, valid drivers license, and a good driving record.
* Effective written/verbal communication and organization skills; experience recording detailed technical data a plus.
* Local candidates preferred.
Please submit your resume and brief cover letter below.
Qualified candidates will be contacted by email, and requested to complete a pre-interview questionnaire. Based on review of these responses, shortlisted candidates will be invited for interviews. Thank you for your interest in ERM!
Environmental Resources Management (ERM) is a leading global provider of environmental, health, safety, risk, social consulting services and sustainability related services. We have more than 160 offices in over 40 countries and territories employing more than 4,500 people who work on projects around the world. ERM is committed to providing a service that is consistent, professional and of the highest quality to create value for our clients.
We have worked with many of the Global Fortune 500 companies delivering innovative solutions for business and selected government clients helping them understand and manage the sustainability challenges that the world is increasingly facing.
For over 40 years we have been working with clients around the world and in diverse industry sectors to help them to understand and manage their environmental, health, safety, risk and social impacts. The key sectors we serve include Oil & Gas, Mining, Power, and Manufacturing, Chemical and Pharmaceutical. All face critical sustainability challenges and our clients in these and many other areas rely on our ability to assist them operate more sustainably which has a positive impact on our planet.
Our people are outstanding, our workplace is energized! And we continuously strive to be the preferred place for environmental and other professionals to build meaningful and rewarding careers.
ERM is an equal opportunity employer.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, age, status as a protected veteran, or status as a qualified individual with disability.
ERM does not accept recruiting agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, ERM employees or any other company location. ERM is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.