What does a Smart Home Design Expert do?
The Smart Home Design Expert is responsible for delivering an end-to-end Connected Home Experience across all aspects of the Connected Home ecosystem and Vivint product assortment. This role will achieve sales targets in revenue, margin, and solutions within the Connected Home ecosystem and Vivint Smart Home Security product offerings. The Smart Home Design Expert must be able to build quality relationships with retail consumers, while providing them with relevant and memorable product demonstrations. The Smart Home Design Expert is Vivint and Best Buy certified in taking complex technology and making it simple for clients to understand and see unique value.
Job responsibilities include:
* Engage customers using selling skills, to complete sales, drive profitable growth and achieve their Smart Home Security/individual goals with a focus on providing sales support in the department.
* Use innovative customer engagement and creative sales techniques to increase sales of Smart Home products and drive sales of the Vivint Smart Home Security system.
* Able to take complex technology and experiences and make it simple for customers and other employees.
* Field questions about product features and explains benefits to consumers to engage and excite them by showing how the right products can enrich their lives.
* Maintain a high level of product knowledge within new technology, connected devices, security and across the Smart Home ecosystem.
* Support Smart Home sales readiness to service customers throughout the day; primarily ensuring Vivint zone display maintenance and verifying in-store product assortment/pricing.
* Act as trusted subject matter expert, brand advocate, and product champion for Vivint product assortment.
* Coach store employees to elevate knowledge of offerings and improve confidence in selling Vivint Smart Home Security solutions to customers.
* Direct interaction and constant feedback on new and existing product, and customer engagement through calls and in person with Vivint partner and market teams.
* Provide weekly insights and experiences, performance of the Vivint Smart Home Security, promotions, and sales best practices.
* Interact with other Smart Home Design Experts across the U.S. on best practices.
What are the Professional Requirements of a Smart Home Design Expert?
* Previous experience in sales, customer service or related field
* 6 months of experience using named product category
* Ability to work successfully as part of a team
* Ability to work a flexible schedule inclusive of holidays, nights and weekends
* 1 year sales experience
* 1 year experience working with consumer electronics products/services