As one of the nations leading pediatric health care systems, Nemours is committed to providing all children with their best chance to grow up healthy. We offer integrated, family-centered care to more than 300,000 children each year in our pediatric hospitals, specialty clinics and primary care practices in Delaware, Florida, Maryland, New Jersey and Pennsylvania. Nemours strives to ensure a healthier tomorrow for all children even those who may never enter our doors through our world-changing research, education and advocacy efforts. At Nemours, our Associates help us deliver on the promise we make to every family we have the privilege of serving: to treat their child as if they were our own.
Nemours is seeking a Nurse Manager to join our St. Francis Primary Care team in Wilmington, Delaware.
This position will provide on-site, day-to-day practice management to ensure a uniquely satisfying patient experience, a positive team environment, and a financially successful practice.
1. Select, orient, direct, and evaluate all clerical and clinical staff.
2. Ensure a uniquely satisfying patient experience. Monitor patient flow on a daily basis, conduct patient rouds, track and share patient satisfaction results with associates and recommend and implement changes as needed to reach goals and monitor for continued success. Represent and demonstrate a commitment to excellence in customer service.
3. Coordinate and maintain staff and provider schedules. Monitor accruals, overtime, and scheduled/unscheduled time off for the preparation and submission of staff and physician payroll in Kronos.
4. Ensure a satisfying work experience for associates through application and role modeling Nemours Standards of Behavior. Provides positive reinforcement or coaching/counseling as needed. Activates disciplinary process
5. Develop and monitor department’s operating and capital budget. Monitor department productivity measures process and track accounts payable and reimbursement requests. Identify opportunities for improved financial performances and implement action plans. Ensure that work queues are up to date and month-end financial requirements are met.
6. Monitor all clinical functions and fill-in on the floor or triage phone, as needed. Hands-on knowledge of patient assessment, patient intake, phlebotomy, lab specimen management, back office laboratory tests, immunization and oral and/or IM medication administration, and nurse phone triage using established protocols and nursing judgement.
7. Monitor all front desk functions. Ensure that work queues are up to date and all month-end financial requirements are met.
8. Monitor and approve all medical and non-medical supply and equipment purchases.
9. Maintain a safe and attractive environment while meeting JCAHO, OSHA, CLIA, etc. requirements. Oversee facility for housekeeping, fire safety, equipment maintenance (clinical and non-clinical).
10. Develop clerical and clinical individual performance goals on an annual basis. Review with individual staff on a regular basis to ensure employee reaches those goals.
1. Maintain and ensure strict adherence to patient confidentiality policies and procedures
2. Support the Nemours Mission, Vision, and Values
3. Participate in the departmental and enterprise wide quality assessment and improvement activities
4. Ensure that staff participates in and/or completes all Nemours compliance and training programs
5. Ensure that all tasks are completed in accordance with the Standard Business Practices
6. Handle customer complaints or issues in a timely manner and according to policy
7. Identify opportunities to improve services–make recommendations and implement action as appropriate
BSN in Nursing Required
Bilingual capability, a plus. Experience with EPIC, Strata Jazz, and Business Objectives (Crystal Enterprise) is highly desirable. 3-5 years Pediatric experience is preferred.
In addition, the following performance skills are required:
1. Strong personnel management skills. Ability to motivate and influence the workgroup to achieve a consistently high quality of work and excellent customer service environment.
2. Ability to communicate, both orally and in writing, in a clear and concise manner.
3. Ability to work independently and proactively
4. Strong computer skills
5. Strong organizational skills
6. Share knowledge and function as a resource for internal and external stakeholders
Our dedication to professionals who are dedicated to children frequently earns Nemours a spot on the list of top workplaces in the communities we serve. Our Associates enjoy comprehensive benefits, including our unique Bridge to a Healthy Future pediatric health plan, an integrated wellness program, opportunities for professional growth, and much more. As an equal opportunity employer, Nemours focuses on the best-qualified applicants for our openings.