U.S. Renal Care
Job Title Registered Nurse Job Code 139, 140, 143 Labor Code C101
Department Operations FLSA Status Non-Exempt EEO Code 2
Reports To Administrator Date (Revision) March 2015
The Registered Nurse provides care and treatment to patients with chronic renal disease.
This position performs duties as assigned by the Charge Nurse, including assisting and supervising Patient Care Technicians.
Acute programs may report directly to an Administrator or the first line of regional operational management which may be an Area Director, Regional Director, or Vice President of Operations, depending on the region/demographics.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following.
Other duties and tasks may be assigned.
* Assist with clinical and operational processes to improve patient health and minimize hospitalizations and missed treatments.
* Demonstrate effective use of supplies and staff labor hours.
* Perform duties as assigned to meet the patient care or operational needs of the clinic.
* Complete and document monthly review of patient medication profiles.
Administer medications as ordered by the physician.
* May assist physician during patient rounds and transcribe and implement physician orders timely.
* Assist with the implementation of anemia management and medication protocols as requested.
* Provide patient education and follow up as needed.
* Assist with programs target goals for patient outcomes in accordance with quality patient care and Company goals.
* Knowledge of and comply with federal, state, local laws and regulations, including health care professionals practice act requirements.
* Perform duties at all times within limitations established by and in accordance with company policy and procedures, applicable state and federal laws and regulations.
* Complete patient admission process as outlined in policy and procedure, collaborating with team members regarding real or potential problems or needs relative to the treatment provided.
* Complete pre and post treatment physical assessments.
* Initiate and terminate patient treatments to include connecting and disconnecting catheters and cleaning catheter sites per protocol.
* Set up dialysis machines; report machine problems to biomedical technician and/or clinics Administrator as appropriate.
* Clean, disinfect and provide quality control of dialysis machines as required by policy and procedures.
* Participate in infection control monitoring, implementation, and recording as requested.
* Use personal protective equipment as necessary.
* Be familiar with emergency equipment and all emergency operational procedures.
* Demonstrates effective staffing, as appropriate with staffing ratios per state regulations and effective patient care, under the direction of the Administrator.
* Communicate results of patient assessment, reassessment, and ongoing monitoring to the physician, team members, and others as appropriate to the individual needs of the patient.
* Maintain collaborative working relationship with Medical Director and physicians.
* Participate as a member of the Interdisciplinary team in all required patient assessment and care planning activities.
* Actively promote GUEST customer service standards; develop effective relationships at all levels of the organization.
STAFF DEVELOPMENT/ RETENTION
* Participate in staff meetings as required.
Attend in-service and continuing education offerings in compliance with company policy and procedure.
* May delegate tasks to competent licensed and unlicensed staff per applicable state practice act.
* Assist with staff training as requested.
* Lead staff in team concepts and promote a team effort.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily.
* Current RN license in applicable state.
License must be maintained as current and in good standing.
* 12 months or more current nursing experience preferred.
* Previous experience in providing nursing care to patients on maintenance dialysis preferred.
* CPR certification required within 90 days of hire.
* Confirmation of ability to distinguish all primary colors.
* Demonstrated working knowledge of the English language and ability to communicate verbally and in writing.
* Must have basic computer skills; proficiency in all USRC clinical applications required within 90 days of hire.
* Must meet any practice requirement(s) for the applicable state.
* Ability to meet minimum hospital/agency hiring standards which may include additional background clearances and orientation requirements if applicable to the program assigned to for employment.
Successful Competency Factors:
Use of the following skills:
problem solving, analytical ability, effective communication, confidentiality.
Interpersonal skills necessary to work with patients, staff, insurance companies, government and private agencies.
Multi-task in an efficient, professional and calm manner.
Limited supervisory responsibility.
May be responsible for oversight and delegation of tasks to competent licensed and unlicensed staff per applicable state practice act.
No budgetary responsibility.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
* Noise level in the typical work environment is moderate due to the number of staff in business office area and staff/patients/equipment in patient care areas.
* Exposure to chemicals used within the facility (Renalin, Bleach and Acidified Concentrate; refer to MSDS for other chemicals used within the facility).
* Exposure to blood and other potentially infectious materials (ongoing training provided for employee safety).
51 + lbs
Hot, cold, wet, surroundings
With or near chemicals
Bodily fluids and blood borne pathogens
Ability to express or exchange ideas
Ability to understand communication of others with or without adaptive devices.
I have received and understand the Essential Duties, Responsibilities and Physical Requirements of my Job Description: