Why Join Altec?
Work from your home with a state-of-the-art company vehicle, providing service and support at customer sites. Hydraulic technicians take ownership of regional territories across the United States and in Canada.
Please send resume to [Apply online]
And apply at https://careers.altec.com
Customer First – Enjoyment of Work – Family – Financial Stability – Integrity – People are our Greatest Strength – Quality – Spiritual Development – Teamwork
Take a Career Step
* Explore opportunities to Join Team Altec, a leader in the industry.
* Altec specializes in hydraulic utility equipment including aerial devices, digger derricks, cranes, telecom, and specialty equipment, supporting customers in over 100 countries throughout the world.
* Work for a company that designs, tests, manufactures, assembles, sells and services its own equipment.
* Join a financially stable company with a history of steady growth, providing a pool of resources to draw on and with a focus on continuous improvement.
* Sharpen a broad range of skills with on-going in-house training and technical support.
* Related experience or education
* Specific experience includes truck-mounted hydraulic utility equipment such as aerial devices, digger derricks, chippers, cranes, specialty equipment
* Examples of related equipment are construction, mining, or farm equipment such as dozers or tractors; or military heavy equipment such as the MRAP vehicle, HMEE, or tanks. Aircraft and Aerospace or Ground Support Equipment (AGE / GSE) repair is also good experience.
* Overtime may be required
* For mobile technicians, travel is required, and schedules are not always uniform day-to-day or week-to-week. Flexibility is key.
* Physical effort and dexterity is required, lifting up to 75 pounds, including service-related tools.
* High School or GED required
The job level is able to be adjusted at time of hire, if the candidate meets the qualifications for jobs of a more experienced level in the career path.
* Uphold Altec’s safety commitment
* Maintain and repair Aerial Devices, Digger Derricks, and other equipment
* Determine overall condition of machines through inspections
* Diagnose issues with hydraulic and electrical systems
* Restore equipment to working order
* Exhibit positive and effective interaction with other Altec associates, vendors, and customers
* Maintain accurate records of all service, repair, and other work
Competitive pay which rewards performance
Comprehensive benefits including Medical, Dental and Prescription Drug Program – Retirement 401(k) Program – Vacation and Holidays – Flexible Spending Accounts – Tuition Assistance Program – Employee Assistance and Mental Health/Substance Abuse Program – Life Insurance, Accidental Death and Dismemberment Insurance
Altec Industries, Inc. and its affiliates are equal opportunity employers and maintain affirmative action plans to recruit, retain, develop, and promote qualified individuals without unlawful consideration of race, gender, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, citizenship status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. Altec strives to maintain a work environment free from unlawful discrimination and harassment, where associates are treated with respect and dignity.