Oldcastle Precast is the leading manufacturer of precast concrete, polymer concrete, and plastic products in the United States. Our products range from utility vaults, reinforced concrete pipe, catch basins, drainage and septic tanks, to retaining walls, storm shelters, wall panels, concrete barriers, a variety of prestressed concrete products and more.
With more than 80 locations nationwide and 3,000 plus employees, Oldcastle Precast is committed to upholding core values of reliability, quality, and service in cutting edge ways.
The Payroll Specialist position will be responsible for multi-state payroll administration based out of our Auburn office. The ideal candidate is a detail and deadline oriented individual who excels in both the technical and customer service aspects of payroll.
* Responsible for all aspects of payroll administration for a defined group of employees, including data entry of new hires, terminations, and employee updates, such as changes to pay rates, org levels, tax statuses, and direct deposits
* Prepare and submit bi-weekly payroll using NOVATime and UltiPro to produce accurate payments by ensuring that time and attendance reports balance to imported pay data batches
* Prepare and calculate off-cycle payments for pay card funding
* Accurately prepare work in accordance with established department procedures
* Audit source documents to ensure receipt of appropriate approvals
* Participate in bi-weekly self and peer review to ensure accurate data entry and maintain database integrity
* Provide timely, knowledgeable, and courteous service to internal and external customers
* Receive, enter, answer, and maintain (including filing) garnishments in accordance with federal and state requirements
* Create and run reports using UltiPro BI Reports and NOVATime Report Generator
* Additional duties may include, but are not limited to processing union payments and provide support and serve as back up to fellow Payroll Specialists
* Must possess a solid understanding of multi-state payroll practices
* Union experience helpful but not required
* Proven track record of excellent customer service
* Strong time management, organizational, and problem solving skills
* Report writing skills preferred, but not required
* PC proficiency (specifically Microsoft applications) required
* Self-directed and motivated to success and exceed expectations
* Minimum of two years payroll experience preferred, processing for 1,000+ employees
* High school diploma or equivalent college degree preferred
* Must possess mobility to work in a standard office setting and to use standard office equipment, including a computer; stamina to maintain attention to detail despite interruptions; strength to lift and carry files weighing up to 10 pounds; vision to read printed materials and a computer screen, and hearing and speech to communicate in person and over the telephone
* A large percentage of work time is sitting at a desk performing the duties
What Oldcastle Offers You
* A culture that values opportunity for growth, development, and internal promotion
* Highly competitive base pay
* Comprehensive medical, dental and disability benefits programs
* Group retirement savings program
* Health and wellness programs
Oldcastle has a long and proud heritage as one of North America’s largest corporations.
We are a proud reflection of the hundreds of family businesses, local and regional companies and mid to large sized enterprises that together form the Oldcastle family.
Oldcastle operates with a decentralized, diversified structure, letting you work in a small company environment while having the career opportunities of a large enterprise.
Oldcastle is a great place to grow! If youre up for a rewarding challenge, we invite you to take the first step and apply today! Please complete your online application and profile which will be sent directly to the appropriate Hiring Manager. Thank you for your interest in the Oldcastle family!
Follow Oldcastle Careers on
WordPress (Career Blog) and
Oldcastle Precast is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer.
EOE/Vet/Disability–If you want to know more, please click on this link.
Oldcastle Precast is part of the
Oldcastlecareers network. #CAN