Koch-Glitsch, LP has an immediate opportunity for
Fabrication Machine Operators to work the Saturday thru Monday 7:00am-7:00pm shift.
* Set up and operate a variety of machines, such as punch presses, shear, brake, plasma, NCPP, laser/laser punch combo
* Analyze specifications and determine tooling, applying knowledge of metal properties, machining required and plan sequence of operations
* Study blueprint or layout on work piece to visualize machining required to plan sequence of operations
* Verify conformance of machined work piece to specifications using precision measuring instruments, such as micrometers, calipers and various gauges
* Ensure products meet or exceed specifications as part of our Quality program
* Ensure all processes are carried out with the required use of safety controls and PPE
* Ensure proper communication with team members
* Maintain clean and safe work environment
Education, Work Experience, Skills Required:
* Must be able to read and use a tape measure
* Knowledge and ability to apply basic math skills (basic algebra, geometry, angles, fractions & decimals)
* Must have sheet metal experience (cutting & forming)
* Must be able to work overtime as required
* Must be willing and able to support a safe work environment
* Must be flexible to be cross-trained in different areas of the shop as required
* Must have the desire and ability to learn new equipment
Education, Work Experience, Skills Preferred:
* 2+ years of experience running any of the following: NCPP, brake press, laser, laser-punch combo
Physical Demands/Unusual Working Conditions:
* Ability to lift, squat and bend with up to 50 pounds
* Ability to work and stand 12 hour days in a non-climate controlled manufacturing environment
Fred Koch and L. E. Winkler formed the Winkler-Koch Engineering Company in 1925 to design and supervise installation of refining equipment. Fred Koch then formed Koch Engineering in 1945. From the initial FLEXITRAY® valve tray, the product line expanded over time to include additional tray designs, tower packings, mist eliminators, and pollution control equipment. Glitsch, Inc. was originally founded by Fritz W. Glitsch, Sr. in 1912 as a machine shop. The first GLITSCH ”Truss-Type” Bubble Cap Trays were designed, constructed, and placed into service in January 1939. The simplicity and adaptability of these trays opened up numerous opportunities for customers worldwide and led to the development of new tray designs.
In 1997, Koch-Glitsch was formed when these two respected competitors combined their technologies, products, and services to become the global leader in developing, engineering, designing, and manufacturing conventional and high performance mass transfer, mist elimination, and liquid-liquid separation equipment. Today, Koch-Glitsch products and tower designs set the standard worldwide.
Headquartered in Wichita, Kansas, Koch-Glitsch continues to grow through the design and commercialization of innovative products, strategic acquisitions, and its focus on operational excellence. Koch-Glitsch has offices in 18 countries so our customers can count on a quick response to any inquiry.
Koch-Glitsch’s industry leadership can also be attributed to its on-going commitment to research and development. Koch-Glitsch holds an impressive number of patents and maintains state of the art facilities to carry out distillation and mist elimination studies on a wide variety of equipment, compounds, and mixtures. Koch-Glitsch also has the largest distillation pilot plant and distributor test stand in the world on site at its Wichita headquarters.
Koch-Glitsch has achieved business success by having employees who act with integrity, focus on compliance excellence and create real long-term value for our customers and society. These principles are part of Market Based Management® (MBM®), a unique business and management philosophy that sets Koch-Glitsch apart from other companies in its industry. Koch-Glitsch is seeking individuals who share these values and want to be part of a winning team. For more information about Koch-Glitsch, visit our Web site at http://www.koch-glitsch.com.
Salary and benefits commensurate with experience.
We are an equal opportunity employer. Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information: http://www.kochcareers.com/doc/Everify.pdf
KM-LinkedIn KM-Twitter KM-Facebook KM-YouTube